Due to Alfa Romeo's demands that the color of the Sprint GTA should be only plain red and plain white (colors on the real car), Matchbox's attempt to recolor the car something other than those two colors was denied. The green version planned for the 2008 mainline was canceled as Alfa Romeo said no, causing Matchbox to go back to plain white.
- A modern successor to this vehicle is the Alfa Romeo Giulia, released for the 2020 mainline.
The Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA has come out in the following 1/59 scale versions:
|Col #||Year||Series||Color||Tampo||Base Color / Type||Window Color||Interior Color||Wheel Type||Toy #||Country||Notes / Variations||Photo|
|MB32||2007||1-75: MBX Metal||Red||Detailed trim||Red / Plastic||Smoke||Chrome||K7486 (USA) L0341 (ROW)||Thailand|
|N/A||2007||10-Pack||Metalflake Red||Detailed trim||Red / Plastic||Clear||Chrome||L2620||Thailand|
|MB32||2007||1-75: MBX Metal||White||Detailed trim, Green license plate, shamrock on Silver triangle on rear||White / Plastic||Smoke||Chrome||L5041||Thailand|
|MB4||2008||1-75: Heritage Classics 4/8||White||Detailed trim, Green license plate and shamrock on rear||White / Plastic||Smoke||Chrome||M5296 (USA) M7363 (ROW)||Thailand||Variations: White and Pearl White|
|BOI01||2008||Best of International 1/6||White||Detailed trim, Green license plate and shamrock on rear and sides||White / Plastic||Clear||Black||M4611||Thailand|
|SF18||2009||Superfast||Red||Detailed trim||Red / Plastic||Clear||Chrome||Thailand|
|N/A||2017||Best of Matchbox||White||Detailed trim, Green license plate, shamrock on rear and sides||White / Plastic||Smoke||Chrome||FGY85||Thailand||Base Code(s): K25|
|N/A||2021||5-Pack: MBX City Drivers||Silver||Detailed trim||Gray / Plastic||Clear||Gray||GVY42||Thailand||Base Code(s): P04, P16, P23, P23A|
- Before the license problems with the car colours, a green version was planned for the 2008 mainline.
- The original version for the 2008 mainline was supposed to be pearl white before it was changed to plain white at Alfa Romeo's request.
- The Best of International premium version was supposed to have large disc wheels and pearl white before being changed again to trispoke wheels and plain white for final production.
- The casting itself was planned to be retired and retooled into a new casting, the Alfa Romeo Junior, but those plans fell through when Matchbox lost the Alfa Romeo license.