This model of an DAF Car Transporter has been issued in the following versions:
|Col #||Year||Series||Color||Labels||Base Color/ Type||Window Color||Interior Color||Wheel/ Type||Toy Number(s)||Country||Notes / Variations||Photo|
|K-11||1969||King Size||Blue & gold ||DAF on side||Clear||White||England|
|K-11||1970||King Size||Yellow & orange ||DAF on side||Clear||White||England||Variation: light blue window|
|Super Kings||Yellow & orange ||DAF or white & orange stripes on side||Clear||White||England||DAF CAR TRANSPORTER on base|
The DAF Car Transporter was introduced in 1969 as K-11 in the King Size range. It consists of a cab and its permanently-attached trailer. Five mainline vehicles can be driven onto and carried on the trailer: three on the upper level and two on the lower level. Adjustable plastic tabs hold vehicles in place when the upper level is lowered for loading and unloading. These tabs were prone to breakage and loss, and are absent on many surviving examples.
The model was moved to the new Super Kings range in 1971, retaining its K-11 catalog number.
- Bedford Car Transporter - MB11 mainline car transporter carrying three small plastic cars
- Guy Warrior Car Transporter - M-8 Major Packs (later K-8 King Size) car transporter based on Guy Motors' Warrior trucks
- Car Transporter (MBSCT002) - the car transporter trailer in the Super Convoy series
- Car Transporter - K-10 version produced in 1976-1981.
- Car Transporter BEDFORD - K-10 version produced in 1982-1985.
- Car Transporter LEYLAND - K-120 version produced in 1986-1991.
- www.vintagebritishdiecasts.co.uk Retrieved 5 April 2020